luni, 31 ianuarie 2011

My story so far part 3: The first steps

Although the question remained in my mind and I knew I didn't want to live without knowing the answer, the next months continued normally.
In the autumn of that year I was in the hospital for one week and although It was nothing severe in the long-term, I had to rest for a few weeks afterwards at home, as my liver was still recovering and I was sleepy most of the time.

I was staying at my parents house for that period and got bored soon just watching TV.
I couldn't yet leave the house, so I searched for a book to read.
To my surprise, I found a book that changed my perspective about life.

For the person I am now such a book seems obsolete, but at that time is was the perfect variant.
The book was written by a Indian master, Osho, and presented a new way to see the life, which I immediately embraced.
From that moment on, I was constantly attracted to spiritual books.

I didn't have much personal experience and my life went on as normal, but metaphysichal books such as "The red Lion" by Maria Szepes, "The Initiate" by Elisabth Haich,"The power of the subconscious" or "Conversatios with God" by N.D. Walsh opened up new perspectives from me.
 I was reading them like a madman, with a hunger for knowdledge I have never shown before.

I began to look at the world and individual stories with different eyes, I began to meditate and to be much more aware of things around me, yet still everything was happening more at an mental level and although I found myself resonating with many of the things I read, it was still mostly the experience of others and not my own.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu